Free School Meals
Very important information – children who are entitled to FSM because of their family circumstances bring an additional £1300 into the school budget. Therefore, if your child is entitled to FSM you still need to apply and register your entitlement, otherwise the school will not receive this additional funding. Primary parents could be £380 a year better off when they apply, per child. Why fork out if you don’t need to?
See the FSM page link on our website and the translated leaflets to help explain the benefits of free school meals for parents and schools, and of course pupils. Everyone is a winner!
We are committed to making sure that all children entitled to a free school meal get one.
- Primary parents could be £380 a year better off when they apply, per child. Why fork out if you don’t need to?
- See the FSM page link and the translated leaflets to help explain the benefits of free school meals for parents and schools, and of course pupils. Everyone is a winner!
- And do not forget that your child/rens school also benefit, with a pupil premium for each child, currently 1300.
- If your child is unable to eat certain foods due to:
- religious observations. Please note there are Halal and organic options.
- allergies or intolerances.
Could you please inform Lorraine Bell (Head Chef) by writing a letter to advise the kitchen by handing it into the office or to your child’s teacher. Thank you.
Most of you will already know Adrienne Williams, our former head chef, is now back working at Beam as Catering Manager.
Beam’s very own school menu
Beam has its own customised menu, which has the essential vitamins and minerals your child needs to help them grow, develop, fight infection and have the energy to lead a happy and healthy life. We provide hot meals on the premises every day. A selection of halal, organic, meat, fish and vegetarian dishes are available daily. The school tries hard to provide a healthy and balanced menu, including fresh salad, vegetables, and fruit. The school has a national
Breakfast Club – we run a breakfast club in the dining hall from 8.05 am until 8.35. Children spend £1.20 for a breakfast. An assistant/member of staff is in attendance.
To prevent your child from overspending could you please advise your child not to spend no more than £1.00 a day.
Lunchtimes – parents may choose one of the following four options:
4. Going Home