Currently, we have one vacancy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking and facing school where the staff inspire pupils and pupils inspire staff to achieve excellent results. We want our children to feel like a ‘fish in water’, so that they experience both high levels of well-being and involvement.
Beam County Primary School is a thriving and vibrant primary school situated in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. Our core vision, ‘Creating a lifelong love of learning’, is paramount to what we provide for all school community members, ensuring all pupils and teachers continue this vision. We strive to ensure outstanding quality and exemplary support for the community and pupils that we serve.
At Beam County Primary School, we provide a learning environment that caters to each individual’s needs and ensures pupils develop new skills, broaden their knowledge, and achieve their potential.
This rare and exciting opportunity for i. Beam County Primary School is a forward-thinking school, striving to continually improve our education and environment for our children and staff. We are looking for individuals who want to develop their career in a large school that has the friendliness and support of a strong team.
Medical and First Aid Assistant (with some Learning Support Assistant Duties)
Medical and First Aid Assistant (with some Learning Support Assistant duties)
|Location:||Beam County Primary School|
|Grade:||Grade 4 / spinal point 7 (£23,400)|
|Hours:||08.00 – 15.00|
|Contract||Temp for 1 year (with possibility to extend)|
Beam County Primary School wish to appoint a caring individual who is able to work in line with our values of being ready, respectful, and safe.
At Beam we have pupils with a broad range of medical needs and the main areas of responsibility will be:
- To be the first point of contact in respect of administering first aid for students and staff
- To be the named responsible officer for all first aid matters
- To ensure the highest standards of clinical procedures are maintained
- To liaise with parents/carers and medical personnel to ensure the health needs of students are satisfied
- To be responsible for sufficient stock of first aid consumables and equipment
- To meet with outside agencies such as CAMHS, the Local Authority, NHS, social care, site police officers, local GP’s and dentists and opticians and implement care plans from those meetings
The successful applicant will need basic knowledge of Safeguarding Children and experience in a similar position. Other responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for the Health & Safety and compliance of the Medical Room
- Being responsible for all student medication at the School
- Contacting parents with regard to student medication stock
- To use Medical Tracker, along with all other staff members, to keep logs of all first aid incidents, medication and medical conditions
- Nursing or First Aid qualification
- Experience of either working in a care home, hospital or specialist provision.
- A good standard of education, including English and Mathematics, GCSE or equivalent
- Awareness of current Public Health Services
- Awareness of current developments in School
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and confidentiality
- Some understanding of infection control
- Knowledge of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Working with Children and Families
- Experience in organising and managing support for students
- Experience in managing training for staff and managing logs
- Able to analyse reporting log data and first aid log data for patterns and trends
- Supporting pupils in class
If you require further information, please call Beam County Primary School on 020 8270 4700 or by email to email@example.com
To apply for this role please complete Barking and Dagenham’s non-teaching application form (press here), referring to the above person specification and job description.
Our school offers:
- a nurturing yet academically challenging environment for our pupils, of which the successful candidate will be expected to foster
- a close and growing partnership with parents
- provides a range of additional exciting learning opportunities
Visits to the school are most welcome and strongly encouraged. Please telephone the school office on 0208 270 4700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Please note that CVs are not accepted unless accompanied by a completed application form.
To apply for this post:
- Press here for the application form
- please email your completed application form to email@example.com by midday (12 noon) on Monday 26th September 2022.
Interviews are planned to take place on Monday 31st October 2022.
Beam County Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance and other relevant employment checks.
We comply fully with the ethos of safer recruitment and undertake all relevant checks, including enhanced DBS clearance.