Below are three sample question from a year’s Junior Maths Challenge, which some of our gifted mathematicians attend every year:
- Which of the following has the same remainder when it is divided by 2 as when it is divided by 3?
A 3 B 5 C 7 D 9 E 1
- How many of the four Knaves were telling the truth?
- Knave of Hearts: “I stole the tarts.”
- Knave of Clubs: ‘The Knave of Hearts is lying.”
- Knave of Diamonds: “The Knave of Clubs is lying.”
- Knave of Spades: “Knave of Diamonds is lying.”
A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 E more info needed
- A palindromic number is a number that reads the same when the order of its digits is reversed. What is the difference between the largest and the smallest five-digit palindromic numbers that are both multiples of 45?
A 9180 B 9090 C 9000 D 8910 E 8190