- Koala Class – Mateo, for working hard at home and completing two practical activities.
- Penguin Class – Amelia, for being an amazing artist! She cleverly used her computing skills to create the rainbow patterns!
- Camel Class – Elias, who nearly always responds to new learning.
- Faizah from Koalas – Hansel and Gretel House – look at the attention ot detail!
- Sarah from Penguins – Under the Sea diorama – the materials used in this dorama are highly effective.
- Sofia from Camels – Rainbow Fish – we love the attention to detail and notes!
Continue to work hard and stay safe.
We miss you all!
Year 1 Teachers
Over the first half term, Year 1 were studying stories with familiar settings. they were basing their texts on books about bears. They enjoyed reading We’re Going on a Bear Hunt and have recreated their own versions in class. The children also enjoyed using role play and hot seating to retell the stories.
Learning to sequence events and add a description to characters and setting was a focus for throughout this unit.
We are looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible at our Meet the Teacher meeting on October 7th.
Year 1: 1.2 hours per week
– Spellings and Maths received; tested following Friday
– Maths to be handed in the following Friday.
Daily – reading (15 mins)Half termly project related to topic work.
Targets in reading records
Every academic year each year group produces a Curriculum Map that details what the children will learn. The Curriculum Map is designed to give as much information as possible about what your child will be learning at school each academic so that they can be supported at home.