The pupil premium is a grant given to schools to close the attainment gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers. The funding is allocated to most effectively target additional support where it is needed most.
Beam County Primary school received an award for the London Mayor’s Schools for Success Programme. The award is a tribute to the excellent work of our teachers in ensuring that all our pupils made excellent progress, particularly our low-achieving students. We also provide a platform for other schools to learn from us. For further information please press on this link
The grant is allocated in line with the financial year, which begins in April. Allocations are based on data from the previous January census. If an eligible pupil joins after this census, the school will not receive their allocation until the following year.
Information to be Published to Parents
- In the previous academic year: Please press here to read our pupil premium strategy for 2019 – 2020.
- how the pupil premium allocation was spent
- the impact of the expenditure on eligible and other pupils
2. The current academic year: (2020-2021)
- the amount of the school’s allocation of pupil premium grant
- details of the main barriers to educational achievement
- how the allocation will be spent to address the barriers and why these approaches were taken
- how the school will measure the impact of the pupil premium
- the date of the next pupil premium strategy review.