Our Vision is: ‘To create a lifelong love of learning.’
Within a happy and respectful community, we aim to provide the highest quality education for every child, in partnership with parents.
We at Beam County Primary School believe in providing our children with a broad and balanced curriculum to foster the requisite skills to equip them to undertake a programme of lifelong learning, which enables them to be part of and positively contribute to their communities and society,’ embodies the life and work of our school.
Our Values: Striving, Inspiring, Community (SIC)
As a school community, we strive and inspire to awaken new possibilities and perceptions – within ourselves and within each other.
‘We at Beam County Primary School believe in providing our children with a broad and balanced curriculum to foster the requisite skills to equip them to undertake a programme of lifelong learning, which enables them to be part of and positively contribute to their communities and society.’
To be a learning community where:
- Each child is significant; noticed, valued, respected and cherished.
- Children are safe, enthusiastic, happy, engaged, courteous, and interdependent.
- As a result of outstanding, motivating and inspirational staff and teaching, each child makes sustained progress.
- The teaching of reading, writing, communication, and mathematics is exceptional and each child makes excellent progress.
- Teachers plan challenging and enjoyable tasks based on the accurate assessments of pupils’ prior skills, knowledge, and understanding – supported by an outstanding, creative curriculum.
- Learning across the entire curriculum is highly valued and each subject and area of learning is treated as significant.
Children that have:
- Memorable and meaningful experiences, which enable them to be informed and make appropriate decisions for them self and their generation
- Excellent communication skills
- A life long love of learning
- Opinions and are able to convey them
- Proficiency to be an integral part of the community
To be a local community where:
- The school is at the heart of the wider community, served by that community, and serving that community.
- The school is fully inclusive, welcoming all sections of the wider community, including those families who do not have a natural connection to the school, so that all will view the school as an active and open part of the wider community.
- Effective partnerships with other community organisations are formed and have a positive impact on the life of the school.
- Everyone is a learner – providing opportunities for life-long learning.
To be a global community where:
- The school encourages an awareness of the wider world and global communities.
- The school equips our children with the skills to make a positive contribution to the global community that they will be a part of.